Skip to main content

Medical Errors.


It's not often that I make errors but when I do they are almighty clangers They are often funny dinner anecdotes in which I regale listeners with exaggerated versions depending on how extrovert or witty I feel. This tale, however has never been exaggerated or expanded upon.

It was a tough decision. The one where you decide to have his knackers chopped off. It's not one to be taken lightly especially when you know he'd make a fantastic father. He has great genes, a beautiful face, and a fab nature. I'm not talking about BH (I'm guessing you realise this already) but our fur baby. Brown Bear.  He'd taken to running after females in heat. BH, Finn and Bart grabbed their privates and winced grotesquely when I'd suggested it, but it was the sensible option considering that he'd escaped from the garden on numerous occasions in search of that elusive scent of the female hound. He was in all senses...a bounder!

It came to a head, when walking in the park. I could see him sniffing the air, his tail erect and his body still. I could see he wasn't engaged with me. I called him (he would turn on a sixpence the moment I uttered a word) and I could see he had no intention of making any concession to my command. The next moment he was off!!! He ran towards the lake with me running and calling after him.  The little shit!

Down beside the lake was a woman holding her tiny whippet whilst brown bear prowled, sniffed and well, basically, flirted with her. I called. No response. I grabbed him by the collar and tried to prise him away from his new beau.

"She's on heat" the woman said "Mind you, he's incredibly gorgeous, isn't he?"

I hauled him away, apologising and as I was trying to clip him on his lead, he ran off again. Back to the fertile female! That was the moment I knew that my beautiful boy had to be curtailed and as much as I'd love to replicate him, I couldn't be responsible for a litter of mongrels and realised that for an easier life they were happier without them

So, I booked him in for the dreaded op. I dropped him off on the appointed day and was told to call back at lunch time to check on his progress. Which I did.

"Hi This is Mrs Yucky" I began "I'm checking on the progress of Archie and to find out when I can pick him up"

"What was the name?"

"Archie Yucky."

"Date of Birth?"

"1st Jan. A New Years baby!"

"Sorry, what was he here for?"

"An operation. I dropped him off this morning and was told to call back at lunchtime."

"I'm sorry but why would you drop him off for an operation here? Did you just leave him?"

"Well, he was booked in for an op and I was told to call back"

"But we don't do operations here."

"Well, where do you do them?"

"At the hospital."

"Why would I drop him off there when I could have taken him straight to the hospital?"


At this point I became a little bit anxious. They'd lost my dog and had no idea where he was! This was pretty serious, I thought.

"He's two and I was told to bring him in to you

"But why would you leave a child here?" She responded "I'd have thought you'd have wanted to be with them at the hospital. Who said they'd take them and who did you give him to?" She sounded worried.

At this point, I felt there was something a little 'off'. The conversation wasn't what I'd expected, and I had a feeling we were talking about something very different.

"But I left my dog....hang on...who am I calling?"

"The Doctors Surgery!"

I started to laugh.

"I'm so sorry. I should've called the vets!"

Thankfully, we located Brown Bear who was sleeping peacefully at the Vets.

Why I mixed up the Vets and the Doctors Surgery I have no idea, but perhaps it's because I feel my furry children are just as important as my unfurry ones! Don't tell them that though!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cyber bullying? Where do we go?

I watched something quite awful unfold on Twitter last week, and I began to wonder whether we are being a little bit too open about our personal lives?  I have nothing to hide about my personal life (except my identity!), and  my personal details are there for all to see. There are "crazies" out there, that we can be sure of, but I never expected to see such vitriolic abuse targeted at one individual. To cut a long story short, an individual, for reasons of their own decided to target a particular lady who had been campaigning and raising awareness for different charitable groups.  This lady had been open and honest and had suffered her own personal tragedy, but for some reason " the crazy" had decided that she was a charlatan.  Over a period of a week her "friends" had become the subject of a barrage mad tweets and saw the lady being reduced to a  quivering wreck and trying to explain to friends what had happened in a very moving audio boo .  Subsequent

My au-pair's a dustman...well she's not really... she's a ho!

My au pair Miriam , is a beautiful sultry girl from the Slovak Republic or Slovakia as it is most commonly known. Most of the girls that have lived with us either come from Slovakia or the Czech Republic.  I've chosen them in particular because they have the "family values" that I want for my family.  I know that I can't tar everyone with the same brush, it's just that it has worked for me. However...Miriam is the exception to the rule.  Miriam is sensual; Miriam languishes; she loves burning candles and incense sticks. She loves long, bubbly baths with big fluffy towels.  Miriam walks the dogs in stilettos (how?), and loves my red lipstick (on her!) Miriam loves MTV.  Miriam loves raiding my wardrobe, and Miriam loves men...all men! As was usual for a Sunday early evening we had all settled down to watch a movie. Mimi was in bed and the boys were snuggled up on the sofa with BH.  Ben , (22 and stunning!), was on the other sofa, with his laptop researching with